Saturday, December 17, 2011

‘Tis the Season

We’re in fully swing, Christmas-mode around here. We’re reading The Christmas Story every night before bed, we’ve bought lots of presents, we’ve seen Santa – twice, we’ve eaten our weight in pre-Christmas goodies (candy canes, etc.) and – my personal favorite- are receiving Christmas cards in the mail from friends and family everyday!

Jake’s school Christmas program was this week. His sweet little 2 year old class sang “Go tell it on the Mountain” and it was precious!  His teachers have taught him so many songs this fall.  He is constantly singing “Jingle Bells,” “Father Abraham,” “The Lord’s Army,” and so many others. I just love listening to him sing and tell me all the things he is learning.

christmas play2

jake and daddyjake and dadoo nana

Speaking of learning, he is obsessed with shapes! He loves to point out octagons, squares, rectangles, triangles, and circles EVERYWHERE!

This weekend, we went to Searcy to see my dad’s side of the family for Christmas. It was a full house, but lots of fun. I don’t get to see this side of my family very often, but most of my cousins have small kids, so its fun to get together. Jake had a great time!

jake and maggiefourwheeler

fourwheeler3jake and maggie reading

jake and maggiekevin tonya family

We’ve finally decided to name our 2nd born – Eli Gregory.  Its been so sweet to hear Jake talk about Eli and ask questions. Just tonight, I was sitting in the floor with him reading books before bed. Because I’ve been on the move all day, I was having some contractions. Well, a pretty big one hit me and took my breath away. I stopped reading and closed my eyes. Without realizing it, I had my hand on my stomach. Jake said, “Is Eli giving you a boo boo?”  I said, “Mommy and Eli are fine. Mommy just has a boo boo on her belly right now.”  Jake leaned over and said, “want me to kiss it?”  Then, he kissed my belly!  SO SWEET!  He is at such a wonderful age right now and truly has a heart of gold!

No comments:

Post a Comment