Sunday, May 6, 2012

Grand Slam weekend

Last weekend, we met two of my college roommates and their families in Memphis for a ballgame and a trip to the zoo.   My friend, Katy, has a little boy Jake’s age (John Parker) and a little girl Eli’s age (Reese).  Sarah has a 5 year old boy (Drew) and a 1-1/2 year old girl (Anna Cate).   While we decided to leave the two little babies with grandmas, it was still a wild weekend with lots of kids!

Friday night, we met at the Peabody in downtown Memphis to let the boys see the ducks make their march from the fountain to the elevator.  To be honest, the boys were less than impressed! ha!

Afterwards, we walked over to Autozone Park to see the Redbirds play. The boys has a BLAST at the game!  I got to visit with my two college roomies/sorority sisters, and the guys got to hang out and do most of the kid-chasing!

jake and jp at game

Redbirds boys pic

Sunday morning, we met at the Memphis Zoo and spent about 3 hours checking out the animals. The kids even took turns riding a camel!

boys in front of elephants

cameldad and jake at zoo

zoo group pic

We had a great time catching up and letting our little ones play.  It seems crazy to me that we all have two kids now, because – honestly – there are days it feels like I was just in college.  I am so lucky that I made such great friends in college, and while we don’t talk every day or even every week – we can pick up right where we left off!  I love these girls and their families!

And in Eli news--- he is 3 months old! WOW!  Eli is sleeping through the night and doing really well with his head/neck control.  He is a very sweet baby and is happy and calm about 95% of the time.  He smiles so sweetly when Jake is talking to him, which – obviously – melts my heart!

Eli 12 weekseli 12 weeks2

No comments:

Post a Comment