Friday, June 1, 2012

Everyone always tells me to write down all the little sweet and funny things my kids say. It's so true. You think you will never forget, but you look up- its a year later and you can't remember a thing!

Jake is nearly three years old. It doesn't seem possible! He is so fun to be around and asks questions about everything!!!

A few things he had been saying that make me smile...

"whatcha' doin' dude?"

"I dunno!" (and this cute little throwing his hands up)

He wants to know if we are driving on a highway or a road. He asks this All.The.Time.

He asks "why" about everything. "Is it raining, mommy?" "Yes." "Why?" "God wanted it to." "Why?". (you see where this is going...)

He talks about his birthday constantly. He knows it is July 28, but of course- he has no concept that this is just June 1. Bless his heart- he thinks Santa is coming to his birthday. I think all the talk about Santa coming on Jesus' birthday is a little confusing!

He saw a lady smoking in her car the other day and asked me why she was holding that candle! :)

When I stop to get gas, he says the car is really thirsty and needs something to drink. (the car has expensive taste!)

His bedtime prayers are just the sweetest! He always thanks God for his mommy, daddy and Eli. Then, he usually thanks Him for whoever he saw that day. But on occasion, Jake will surprise me and thank God for someone he hasn't seen in weeks. Kinda like they are just on his mind. Of course, he is a typical 2 year old and will thank God for basketball, the boat or candy too! :)


I hope I can I always remember these sweet times. Having two kids two and under is WORK, but oh is it precious work!








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:From the mouth of Babes

1 comment:

  1. so sweet! i bought notebooks to record all the funny things mine say. just having trouble getting it in the notebook!

    ReplyDelete