Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day 2013

After a long day of playing at Nana and Dadoo's house, we wrapped up Christmas Eve at home with Nan and Papaw.  The boys both ran in the house, excited to play with all the new toys they got at the Veazey Christmas.  My parents walked right into a wrestling match and abundance of Ninja Turtles and Imaginex toys thrown all of the floor.  Nothing says Christmas like naked boys wrestling and playing Ninja. 

My parents always join us Christmas Eve night - if for no other reason than to laugh at Greg and I trying to put together the toys without killing each other.  But, because they love my boys, they come ready to play, read books and make reindeer food!!  We're beyond blessed to have four grandparents that will go to the ends of the earth for their grand babies.  

After what seemed like hours of putting together a simple wooden train track, we finally relaxed a bit and watched Christmas Vacation.  Lights out by 11 pm. 

Making reindeer food with Nan. She obviously doesn't have the OCD gene I do. She wasn't phased at all by the massive amounts of glittery sprinkles being slung all over the counter and floor.  I had to tame my compulsions to the end and quickly yanked out the vacuum to clean it all up. I seriously need help.

 Sprinkling a little reindeer food on both the front yard and back---just in case.  Daddy was thrilled to have to sweep it all up later that night.
 Cookies for Santa!! Jake decorated these sugar cookies himself the night before and was so proud!
 Oh, be still my heart!

 Jake looking for Santa up the chimney. Eli eating Santa's cookie. 

 Nan brought "The Night Before Christmas" to read to the boys.  Jake was enthralled in the story. Eli thought Nan was a play gym. He didn't sit still the entire time, but excitedly yelled "HO HO" every time he noticed Santa on the page. Papaw and I couldn't stop laughing.

Just for my records- this year, Jake asked for guns (nerf), an airplane, and ninja turtle stuff.  He got all three and a little extra.  Eli got a new train set - which turned out to be a home run purchase! 

Christmas morning arrived at 7:14 am for us.  Praise Jesus!! So many of my friends awoke before 5 am to busy little ones looking for toys.  I am sure my time is coming -but for now, I will relish the fact mine aren't that anxious about Santa.  

Jake woke up first!  In fact, Eli didn't wake up for another 45 minutes. That's what staying up until 9 pm will do for ya!  We enjoyed our toys and ate a nice breakfast - a la pinterest.  

Nana and Dadoo join us Christmas morning to see the kids and their toys and have a little breakfast.  After the grands left, we played outside, I cleaned the house (refer to previously mentioned OCD tendencies) and ate a little lunch.  We rounded out the holiday with a matinee movie - Frozen- and a "clean everything out of the freezer" dinner.  


No comments:

Post a Comment