Sunday, November 15, 2009

'Tis the Season!


Well, some would say I'm nuts for putting up the Christmas decor so early, but I start earlier every year! I love Christmas and LOVE having the tree up! Its just nice to look at everyday and gets you in the mood for the holidays! So, last weekend, my parents came in town and helped get everything up at our house. For those of you who know my mother, this comes as no suprise. For those of you don't know her, she is FANTASTIC at holiday decorating, making crafts, sewing, fixing things...or any other project you throw her way! So, as you look at the pics below, remember...I had her help. I did NOT do this alone! :)


Everything isn't quite done yet, but you get the idea. I still need to hang Greg's stocking and put some candles on the candle sticks. Greg thinks the lack of his stocking is my way of telling him something! ha!

While the folks were in town, we also drove down to Hot Springs so they could see our condo. The lake was beautiful and the weather was perfect. We got to sit out on the deck for a while and enjoy the scenery...while pappaw let Jake sleep on his shoulder!



Our view...the lake was so quite this weekend! I could spend hours sitting right here!



Greg spent the weekend in the deer woods, but no kill yet! So, I guess that's his excuse to get to go back!

In Jake news....he weighs 16 pounds now and is doing great. He's "talking" all the time now and really enjoys the sound of his own voice. His favorite toys consist of anything he can get in his mouth! He loves, loves, loves to lay on his blanket in the floor and just roll around. He's sleeping pretty good now and wakes up around 4 or 5 am most nights, but will suprise us from time to time and sleep from 8 pm to 7 am. WE LIKE THOSE NIGHTS! He did it twice last weekend!

I missed Thankful Thursday last week, so I'll go ahead and say....I'm thankful for my home! For those of you who read Kelly's Korner, you know she recently spent sometime overseas and posted some pics of kids living in terrible conditions. I'm so thankful that I have a warm, clean home to bring Jake home to and raise him. I'm so thankful we have a place that we love and are grateful that the Lord has provided for us!

Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Pretty tree! We hung our Christmas lights this weekend and my tree is going up in the next few days, too. ;)
    Kelly's stories and pictures sure gave me some perspective. Amen to having a warm, clean place to call home!

    ReplyDelete