Thursday, November 19, 2009

Where did the year go?

I just can't believe we're in full holiday season mode for 2009! It seems like it was just Christmas 2008. Is anyone else this blown away by how fast the years go by? Older folks have always told me that time flies by even quicker when you get older, and especially fast when you have children. I always thought...that's stupid, a year is a year. But seriously, I see what they mean!



I was thinking back to my college days and how it seemed I was in Jonesboro forever. I never felt like time was flying past me. But now, looking back- it seems like I was just there and its been years!



It also seems like I was just finding out I was pregnant. We told our families around this time last year that we were expecting, and I turn around twice and Jake is four months old! Wow.

I guess I'll get off my old, wooden rocking chair now! :)



I have 46 days until I go back to work, so I'm going to soak up every minute at home with Jake. He's getting to be so much fun! Last night, Greg and I were laying in the floor with him, and he was cracking us up! He has mastered the art of rolling from back to tummy, but he can't get back over. So, he'll laugh and grin for a little bit--- very proud of himself for getting there, but will break out into tears when he discovers he can't roll back! What was even funnier...as soon as we'd flip him back, he'd do it again! Boys will be boys!



Jake trying to flip back! Pardon the footage- its not easy crawling on the floor while shooting video with an iPhone!



Have a great weekend! We're going to the game, so I'll post pics then!

No comments:

Post a Comment