Friday, January 20, 2012

Bedtime Prayers

I want to write a quick post to document what Jake’s prayers are like at 2 years old.  We’ve been saying bedtime prayers with Jake for a while, and he’s old enough now to decide what he wants to thank God for each night.  After reading books, I ask Jake what he wants to say thank you for and most nights it is a mix of the same few things….Mommy, Daddy, Baby Eli, school, his friends (by name), his teachers, Nana, Dadoo, Nan, or Papaw. 

Tonight, Jake’s prayer was the following…

“Dear God, thank you for Mommy, Daddy, Nana and Caden’s birthday party tomorrow.”  My sweet boy is SO excited about his cousin’s birthday party tomorrow morning that he just needed to thank God in advance for the fun he plans to have!

I am so grateful we live in a country where we can worship how we choose and we can pray freely to our God. I hope Greg and I can raise Jake and Eli to appreciate that freedom as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment